Haven't posted for a while, just been too busy. Well I managed to ge the 241 apart to clean it all out. Found alot of grit every were. The bottom end was tight but I was suspicius of the bearings being galled. I took a bearing cap off and a rod cap and found that the bearing had gone through to the copper in some areas. The good thing is that the crank stiil looks good. I will get it polished out. The main and rod bearings will be replaced, cam bearings look good. The cylinders will be honed and then put it all back together. Well heres some pictures.
Here some carnage pics of my buddys engine we took apart. The engine was taken apart due to insuficient oil pressure. It had two rod bearings go out and the rest of the bearings scored. The pistons dint make it eather they had bad scores and bearing material embeded in the piston skirts. This will now require new pistons and the hole bottom end redone. The cam was in good condition, the head will be cleaned. Here's some carnage pic's.