A few months ago I decided to take the engine out of the beast for a tear down and inspection. It had been together for 12 year's and a shit load of pulls. It was leaking oil and consuming as well. Once a part I was amazed on how the bottom end was. Bearings were good on mains and rods. Cam bearings had seen better days and pistons and cylinders looked good. After assessing the damage and measuring all components, I was able to do a simple re ring and bearing job. The cylinder heads got new valve seals and a valve seat lap job. The seals were damaged last time in from the machine shop that was the reason for the oil consumption. I did have to rebuild several components including carburetor, distributor, oil pump. Had a lot of cleaning to do on water pump, intake, oil pan, damper, timing cover. I'm still getting Lil things but tend up. I did also get my headers ceramic coated too. Here are some progress pictures.