Sunday, October 30, 2011

My first car.

I was going through an old photo album and found some pictures of my 65 chevelle that I was building through high school. I had this car for 4 years before it got stolen from a body shop. The car was a Chevelle Malibu Coupe with a 250 in line six and a 2 speed power glide. I tore t hat engine out and build a solid short block with 10.1 forged pistons and all ARP hardware. The rods were reconditioned and the crank was ground and side clearanced. The original heads were gone through but eventually I got some Edelbrock aluminum heads and a solid lift cam to go with it. I had a stock 10 bolt rear end with an Eaton posi, Richmond 4.11 gears, forged Superior Axel's. The transmission was a built th350 with a 3k B&M stall Hole Shot converter. For suspension I has Moroso front trick springs and 90/10 race shocks, the rear was stock new springs with boxed trailing arms and Lakewood anti hop bars and 70/30 racing shocks. The 350 was pretty stout, 10.1 with good heads, hooker headers, 750 Holley carb, Edelbrock air gap manifold, Crane Cams gold roller rockers, Com cams Solid lift .525 cam, TCI rattler dampener, solid motor mount, Edelbrock high flow fuel pimp. The shifter was a B& M mega shifter and the transmission had a stage 2 shift kit. The exhaust was a custom built 2.5 inch H pipe with Flow Master 2 chamber mufflers done by Kenz Muffler. The car was pretty quick for a pump gas car and my first attempt at a good street stomper. I would say it would have ran 12's on the 1/4 mile due to the fact that some of the cars I raced were in that time zone. Here's some pictures of my old ride...

This was after I had done the front disc brake conversion.
No kits were availble then just know what car was the doner.

This was before i got the rear end built and the Weld wheels.


Here you could see the stock heads, RPM manifold, Edelbrock carburetor,
Check out the trick ignition, external coil with MSD ignition runnig the timing.


These show the new Edelbrock heads, air gap manifold, Holley 750, TCI rattler,
Brand new at the time Chevrolet valve covers.

Man I miss this car, I learned alot from this build.

No comments:

Post a Comment